Sunday, February 02, 2014

Anime: Hakuoki - Season 1 & 2 (2010)


Oh ho?! This is my kind of anime. Reverse-harem with an interesting story line set in historic samurai times. Just about all of the characters are based on a historic person. Why do these harem-type animes all start out being video games? Most of the time they don't amount to anything, so I'm watching for pure in-the-moment enjoyment. There are two movies to be released this year that retells the story. I may have to check them out. I like all of the bishounen in this series but my two favs are Hajime Saito and Harada Sanosuke.
*Update 2-4-14* So I had to power through to Season 2 and I agree with many who say Season 1 was way better. There was actually a plot. Season 2 was a narrative of the battles that took place in the war and our characters were just inserted along the way. Definitely not as exciting or engaging and you have to slog through all of the yawn to find out what happens at the end. Season 1 gets 3*** and Season 2 only 1*

No comments: