Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Anime: Chihayafuru Season 1 & 2 (2012-2013)

It has been awhile since I've been excited about anime/manga. I started watching this one several weeks back and then couldn't help but be hooked after Season 1 so had to catch-up on the manga. Season 2 has been stretched out so as to not outpace the manga which is still being serialized. 

What I really like about this anime/manga is that it falls under the non-violent, sports category and is shoujo-oriented. Chihaya is your high school beauty albeit clueless and karuta-minded but passionate and well-liked by her peers. I recently tried to watch Sailor Moon Crystal and it was excruciating. There are clueless protagonists who are loveable and then there are the ones that make me want to stick a spork in my eye. Chihaya is thankfully one among the loveable. 

Now onto our two males. Taichi...yeah he's tall, smart, everyone likes him, girls especially etc. etc. (yawn). I do like that he is extremely jealous of Chihaya's friendship with Arata. Ahhhh, Arata (aww yeah). A tall, smart, karuta hero who is also sweet. And definitely doesn't beat around any bushes. I love his Fukui accent. It's been a long time since I've come across anime with a male character I can get squealy and fangirly over. I mean a really long time! Arata has confirmed that I really do have a type. =P
4 out of 5 stars

No comments: