Friday, January 03, 2014

KDrama: School 2013

I was only peering in casually from the window before my feet walked through the front door and I handed over my marathon credit card. The conflict ramps up fast in this one and then the cliffhangers make your fingers click through to the next episode. And for once, reading spoilers just makes me want to get back to watching ASAP. I'm not familiar with Lee Jong-suk and initially I wasn't too warmed by his character, Go Nam-soon. Maybe it's his bee-stung lips or likely just good writing but he's growing on me.
I think what's particularly identifiable in this show is that each student seems to have some hidden conflict that they're struggling with. There's a good psychological slow-reveal as each episode unfolds. I stayed up late watching until Kim Woo Bin's character made an appearance. It's really starting to get interesting now. Here we go, sleepless nights.

*Update 2-2-14* I really liked this series. The Go Nam Soon and Park Heung Soo bromance was the best part. It helps that the two actors are real-life buds. Even after the series ended, there's so much Heung-Soon behind-the-scenes and fan-generated media to keep the buzz going for sometime. 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments: