Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kuroshitsuji - The Black Butler


I am currently taking a short break from Korean dramas to catch up on my anime. This new title is called "The Black Butler" or "The Black Demon." The word "butler" in Japanese also share the same pronunciation as "demon."

Story is set 19th century England where this demon butler serves a 12 year-old earl. The anime is somewhat dark and gothic with some comic relief thrown in here and there. I've only read a couple of chapters of the manga and the feel of the anime is pretty true to the manga, but not sure if the storyline is exactly the same.

I am really enjoying it. It's been awhile since I've read or watched goth manga/anime and this one doesn't disappoint. The individual episodes generally contain individual stories but each give the viewer a little more insight into the underlying plot, so the intrigue definitely keeps you coming back for more. But the demon butler, Sebastian Michaelis, is the real reason I'm watching. I like good-looking, kick-ass demons. Hohohohoho!

1 comment:

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

oooh! I'm going to watch this! I'm a big anime fan-just finished up watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!