Friday, January 07, 2005

Happy New Year

So now that the holidays are behind us, I can get on with my day-to-day normalcy. While everyone else was enjoying time off the last week of the year, I was working my ass off, prepping meeting materials for our high-profile assignment. Client name starts with a "D" and they are in SoCal. I won't go into anymore details, but this whole project is a real pain.

In other news, I have begun teaching myself Photoshop CS. I am hoping to acquire this new skill and bring it to my next job, whatever that may be. I think I'm done with being an admin, but I am more tired of the people than the job. Although my title is Executive Assistant, my actual job function does not include too many recognizable assistant job duties except document proofing/editing and expense reports. I troubleshoot computer related problems when our IT guy isn't around. I do not schedule too often and hardly ever make travel arrangements. Lately, I have been doing a lot of graphics for our proposal and meeting materials. I think I need to move on, but the market does not look too good at this time. Slowly, but surely, I will get there.

No comments: