Friday, August 06, 2004

Vacation - Have To Get Away

M and I have been planning our vacations for 2005. If security paranoia dies down in Washington D.C. by March or April of next year, we will go there first. Later in the fall, we are going to go to Japan! In 2006, we will go to Europe. I need to get all this traveling out of my system so that I can focus on starting a family.

I invited my cousin Christina and her other half, Michael to join us on our trip to Japan since I know Christina wants to go there as badly as I do. I am already reviewing tour packages and have made multiple spreadsheets. As you can see, I have a lot of downtime at work.

I am also considering purchasing some books to brush up on my Japanese. I hardly think one college semester warrants any expertise in the language, but at least I have a little bit of foundation to go on. My biggest handicap is not knowing Chinese characters. I have a crazy notion that if I learn Kanji, it will help me read in both Japanese and Chinese. Wouldn't that be great.

Well, first things first. Let's go to Vegas next month, have a great time, hit a big jackpot and then go on another vacation. :^_^:

No comments: