Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Advanced Notice = Common Courtesy

Do you know someone who's a last-minute type? Someone who knows they should do something early but is just too lazy and will procrastinate until the very end? Or how about someone who never gives you advance notice because they fly by the seat of their pants and make decisions along the way? If you are that someone or know someone like that, then you better not tell me because these people are on my shit list at the moment.

I always feel that it's common courtesy to give advance notice of some kind. Like an RSVP to a wedding, or party of some kind. Is it too much to ask when someone asks you to mail back that response card with pre-paid postage saying "Yes, I will attend", or "No, I an unable to attend"? Is the mailbox too far to drive to?

If you are anything like me, you do appreciate it when people give you advanced notice for anything. I live my life by planning for just about everything. I organize and detail (in my head) all of my to-do's and appointments. Sometimes I need the aid of a planner, but most of the time, it's all in my head. How much time will it take for me to drive from the East Bay to SF for my 10:00AM chiropractic appointment? If my appointment finishes early, I think I will go to the grocery store and do grocery shopping for the week before my pedicure appointment at 11:00AM. Mom might ask me to have lunch so that will be about 12:00PM. If my chiro appointment runs the usual time, I'll do grocery shopping after lunch. Etc. etc.

You see people, this is my thought process, my claim to fame, this is what makes me tick. I am very particular about planning because I don't have that much time in my day. Since I now live so far away from my job, family and appointments, I spend a lot of time on the road.

So I am now asking you nicely. You are always welcome to my house. I am always happy to entertain. Just make sure you give me some notice before you show up at my door. I am proud of my dwelling and I would like it to be clean and comfortable so you can enjoy your visit. Give me some fucking notice please!

Crouching Tigress Hidden PsychoGrouchieMeanie has returned to sleep, now please enjoy our regularly scheduled blog entries.

No comments: