Friday, July 30, 2004

Friday Musings

So the weekend is upon us. This weekend will be a nice quiet one. M's cousin Bernie will be dropping by with his daughter to check out our local aquarium store tomorrow. We will also be packing up used clothing to donate to Parca.

It's lunch time and I am having Amy's Macaroni & Cheese. Made with organic pasta. One of my co-workers suffers from Celiac disease. She and I are always talking about Amy's because Amy's frozen foods also come in gluten-free versions. I can eat this mac n' cheese almost every day (almost). Better than any other frozen mac n' cheese out there. Annie's is pretty good too. Shells with White Cheddar sauce. But with Annie's you have to have a stove. Best accompanied by peas n' carrots or other vegetable medleys.

I received my Gackt cd's yesterday in the mail. I have been kind of behind and haven't bought his stuff in awhile. I tend to forget about him and then dig him up again. I discovered him on accident about four years ago while browsing online for anime. It was before I discovered IRC and manga downloading. I was visiting a website that featured anime OST music that changed weekly. One day, the owner of this site featured a "Gackt Special" on her page with a few mp3's. The rest, as they say is history. I must say that early in my discovery, I convinced myself that Gackt was totally my type of guy, looks-wise that is. But these days, I'm getting tired of his blue contacts. And as I read about him more and more, I am convinced that he is gay. In my hunblest opinion, I believe the reason why he doesn't want the world to know yet is because this little piece of info would seriously upset a lot of crazy fan girls and would most likely affect his record sales. But that's just my opinion, what do I know. Nevertheless, I still enjoy listening to his music even though he is starting to develop a Stevie Nicks-type singing impediment.

This week we rented "Monster's Ball" with Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton. Halle's acting was quite good in this one. She definitely deserved that Oscar. We also saw the following: Starsky and Hutch, The Human Stain and Hellboy. Movies have been sort of unsatisfying for me lately. I think Hollywood is too focused on special effects and money. Not too focused on telling a good story.

Is it time to go home yet? Even though I said I would save money, I just had to buy one more toy this week. Dokuro San, cute and creepy at the same time.

No comments: