Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Movies...


My second post in one day. As you can probably tell, it's kinda slow today.

The Boo is going to rent The Matrix: Revolutions today and we will watch it while eating our Chinese Sausage rice. We decided not to watch this in theatres due to the poor reviews. Everyone I have talked to who has seen it says to brace yourself for the disappointment. Kind of a bummer because I liked the first one a lot. Part II was definitely ho-hum. At least Keanu is always nice to look at. We rented The Animatrix sometime last year and thought it was interesting but didn't love it enough to own it. The whole Matrix thing is too complicated and I am not that much of a fan to want to know more than what I have already seen.

Speaking of owning movies, Boo just came back with three dvds yesterday, $10 each. Bend It Like Beckham, Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl, and Underworld. Three pretty decent movies. I don't know about you, but I like Johnny Depp with black eyeliner. I thought I saw Orlando Bloom with eyeliner too in the trailers but didn't actually see that footage in the film. Too bad, cuz that was a good look for him as well. I also liked him as Legolas in Lord of the Rings. As long as he doesn't look like his real self, he looks pretty darn good.

Boo wants to buy The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. He says although Jessica Biel can't even scream act her way out of a paper bag, the overall story was interesting, worth owning. There's a movie I will never watch. Jessica Biel in L'Oreal commercials is nightmarish enough. I don't need the chainsaw to go with.

No comments: