Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Anime: Earl and Fairy (2008)



I stumbled upon this after learning about the new US manga release. It's a short series only 12 episodes which I imagine will end disappointingly or open-ended. No matter, I still want to watch because the main characters are awesomely cute.

Lydia Carlton has the most strategically, gravity-defying, ribbons of hair (how do you replicate her floaty hair in a cosplay wig?). Edgar Ashenbert is your standard, swoon-worthy, male protagonist. Ash-mauve eyes...yes, that works for me. There are interesting supporting characters such as a talking cat, Nico, and Edgar's servant, Raven, a mysterious young man with exceptional fighting skills and eerie aura (can you say doujinshi heaven?).

Only two episodes in, but so far so good. Will update once completed.

*Update 10-22-12* So I completed this one and give it 3 out of 5 stars. Great if you want a quick shoujo fantasy without a lot of commitment.

1 comment:

irrelevance said...

Yes, she does have the most amazing gravity-defying curls, I agree...

I'm currently reading the manga, but I'd imagine that that, in the anime, the Earl is more... sparkly, for lack of a better word at the moment...