Monday, May 24, 2010

Anime: Neo Angelique Abyss (2008)



It's been some time since I've watched a newer anime. I found this one on Crunchyroll and thought the artwork looked good so decided to give it a whirl. This is my first reverse-harem genre anime. Having known about harem genres I have been meaning to check one out but there was always something else to watch.

What surprises me about this series is that it's based on a video game and it's good! Many video game titles are not successful crossing over into anime territory but this one has a great storyline which gets even better in Season 2 (another first for me), artwork is terrific (a lot of bishounen hotness), and overall solid plot and character development. There are plenty of sources for plot and character descriptions so I won't go into detail here. Rating to come after I finish the series.

Finally, everyone has a favorite so I'm going to post him here. I tend to gravitate towards the brooding, lonesome guy who has some secret he's harboring and when ultimately revealed, is usually tragic and heartbreaking. Hyuga fits the bill and he looks good workin' it.


Update: 4 out of 5 stars and it's the most PG anime I have ever watched.

No comments: