Monday, August 29, 2005

Summer J-Drama List

I am concurrently watching two J-Dramas, "Lunch Queen" and "Pride." I'm finding that Kimura Takuya, the SMAP idol-turned actor is repeatedly cast in the same roles. It gets quite boring, and emphasizes his limited acting range. Although he isn't bad looking and seems real cool, watching him is meh..

I was recently comparing Kimura Takuya and Matsumoto Jun in the roles I have seen them in thus far. Matsujun gets my vote for having more talent and much more charisma. But is talent really necessary for dramas? Most likely not. As long as the actor is good looking and popular, the viewership will definitely follow.

Here's a list of all the J-Dramas I have watched within the last few months along with summary links.

Beautiful Life, Gokusen, Kimi wa Petto, Orange Days, and
Long Vacation.

No comments: