Thursday, February 24, 2005

Prince of Tennis

It has been a long time since I've downloaded anime episodes of "Tennis no Oujisama" or better known as "Prince of Tennis." Viz is releasing the english language manga. 6 volumes released to date. The manga is about 20+ volumes and the anime spans over 100 episodes. I think I left off on episode 86 or 87. So I'm more than halfway finished. BitTorrent downloads can take hours and hours so I have grown quite tired of the whole downloading process. I kind of miss watching it so I'll think I'll start again.

The interesting thing about this series is that it has a huge female fan following. Hmm, I wonder why? All of these characters are male, all have super duper, gravity-defying tennis moves, and they've been paired in more boy/boy fanfiction comics than I care to know about. This series is quite the phenomenon in Japan. PS2 games, live action musicals, merchandise and more merchandise! It's quite popular here too. Just go to Google and check out all the cosplay photos (them folks are hardcore).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: